IT Support Services Staff
Responsible for administration of the IT infrastructure, including but not limited to personal computers (PCs), laptops, personal digital assistants (PDAs), peripheral equipment, as well as the local area network (LAN) infrastructure. Normal upgrades and changes to these systems should be expected as technologies evolve.
Administrative tasks include, but are not limited to hardware, software, and peripheral evaluation, testing, installation, configuration, upgrading, and troubleshooting; operating system installation and configuration; application software installation and configuration; respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve issues routed from the Help Desk; network connectivity; asset management; troubleshooting and repair; software and hardware upgrades; media sanitization; excess equipment management; evaluating, testing, and upgrading hardware and software in accordance the client policies and procedures; data backups and restores; testing and deploying current patches, anti-virus software and definitions; etc.
- Troubleshoot miscellaneous new or existing computer peripherals and related systems to include, but not limited to, monitors, printers, keyboards, mice, speakers, PDAs, external drives, etc.
- Troubleshoot, exchange, configure, upgrade, replace, and install new or existing personal computers at designated employee offices
- Test, replace, configure, install, and upgrade software in accordance with policies and procedures
- Maintain standard software images for desktops, laptops, and PDA computing platforms containing DO standard operating systems, application software, and configuration settings that adhere to DO policies and procedures
- Respond to (contact customer, update incident management system (Remedy)), troubleshoot, and resolve issues routed through or at the Help Desk
- Use an automated “Imaging” technique to install and configure Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) operating systems and application software on new and recycled PCs and laptops
- Advise and recommend personnel on matters relating to software patches, upgrades, service packs, hot fixes, etc., to ensure system availability, reliability, and serviceability
- Anti-virus software and definition testing, deployment, and installations
- Back up or move required data from existing PC or laptop being replaced or configured, and restoring the data to the new or newly configured machine
- Perform Microsoft Active Directory administrative functions that include, but are not limited to operating system level file and folder permissions administration, creating users and groups, assigning user and group permission and membership, folder structure administration, etc.
- Receive, inventory, organize, and inspect newly purchased IT equipment and recording specified information (location, description, model number serial number, etc.) in the asset inventory system (currently Remedy)
- Record the location, description, model number, serial number, etc., of all deployed IT equipment in the asset inventory system
- Configure new and existing personal computers and printers to connect to the DO local area network (LAN), which may include minor network cable connectivity, DHCP or static Internet Protocol (IP) configuration, and operating systems configuration.
Knowledge of Intel based desktops running Microsoft Client Operating Systems Windows XP and Windows 7.
Knowledge of Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software applications deployed:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Adobe Flash; Adobe Shockwave; Adobe Professional
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- McAfee Products
- Microsoft SilverLight; Microsoft Visio Viewer
- Microsoft Configuration Manager Agent
- MXI Access Client
- QuickView Plus
- Dell Network Printers
- HP Network Printers
- Brother Standalone Printers
- External USB hard drives
- Xerox DT 120
- Canon 7000; Cannon C1
- OCE 650 digital color
- Canon 125 and 110: Canon Wide Format poster printers
- EFI Digital Storefront Print Server
OS 10.5 or higher. Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator package is CS3 migrating to CS4, Acrobat Pro 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0, and all upgrades of these applications.
- Cisco Routers and Switches; Ciscoworks
- VOIP Support – Cisco and Avaya
Submit Resumes to: